The Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency is a water resources management institution established in terms of the National Water Act (Act 36 of 1998) to perform sustainable and equitable integrated water resource management within the Inkomati-Usuthu Water Management Area (WMA) in Mpumalanga Province.
Highly motivated and creative individuals who want to join this exciting institution qualifying on the minimum requirements stated below are invited to apply for the following graduate development trainees/ internship program:
2023/25 GRADUATE DEVELOPMENT TRAINEE/ INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
As a pledge towards contributing to skills Development, the Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (CMA) is inviting applications for 24 months Graduate Development Trainees (Internships) Program. This program is intended to attract unemployed graduates to allow them to acquire work-based experience. Successful candidates will receive a stipend in line with the policy of the institution. The candidates must have obtained a minimum of an average of 60% for their final year academic records (Academic records must be attached). The component/ field and requirements for the Graduate Development Trainees/ Internships are indicated below:
- 1x Human Resources National Diploma or Degree in Human Resources Management or Public Management or Industrial Psychology
(Ref no: IUCMA/02/23)
1x Communications & Intergovernmental Relations (IGR)
- National Diploma or Degree in Multimedia/Graphic Design
(Ref no: IUCMA/03/23)
1x Supply Chain Management
- National Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain Management or Public Management or Public Procurement Management
(Ref no: IUCMA/04/23)
1x Resource Quality Monitoring
- National Diploma or Degree in Natural Sciences or equivalent qualification in one of the following fields: Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Water Resource Management, Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology
(Ref no: IUCMA/05/23)
- 1x Resource Planning and OperationsNational Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering, Geology, GIS, Hydrology, and Geohydrology
(Ref no: IUCMA/06/23)
- 1x Compliance, Monitoring, and enforcement of national Diploma or Degree Environmental Science, or equivalent qualification in one of the following fields: Geohydrology, Hydrology, Water Resource Management, and LLB
(Ref no: IUCMA/07/23)
- 1x Water Use AuthorizationNational Diploma or Degree in Natural Sciences or equivalent qualification in one of the following fields: Geohydrology, Hydrology, Environmental Science, and Water Resource Management.
(Ref no: IUCMA/08/23)
- 1x Institutions and ParticipationNational Diploma or Degree in Development Studies, Community Development Studies, or Communication
(Ref no: IUCMA/09/23)
- 2x Information Technology (Network and IT User Support)National Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science.
(Ref no: IUCMA/10/23)
- 1x Finance National Diploma or Degree in Finance or Accounting
(Ref no: IUCMA/11/23)
- 1x Risk and Compliance ManagementNational Diploma or Degree in Finance or Risk Management or Auditing
(Ref no: IUCMA/12/23)
1x Records and Auxiliary Services
- National Diploma or Degree in Library and/ Information Studies and Archives and records management
(Ref no: IUCMA/13/23)
- 1x Revenue National Diploma or Degree in Finance or Accounting
(Ref no: IUCMA/14/23)
- 1x Internal Auditing National Diploma or Degree in Internal Auditing or equivalent qualification with Auditing as a subject.
(Ref no: IUCMA/15/23)
- 1x Governance National Diploma or Degree in Public Management or Administration.
(Ref no: IUCMA/16/23)
- 1x Strategic Support National Diploma or Degree in Public Management or Administration, Monitoring and Evaluation
(Ref no: IUCMA/17/23)
- 1x Data and Information Management National Diploma or Degree in Data Science
(Ref no: IUCMA/18/23)
Candidates must be 35 years or younger and unemployed, in possession of an appropriate post-school qualification, and not have previously served/participated in an internship program in the Public Service or Private Sector.
The Inkomati-Usuthu CMA is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment or withdraw the position. The institutions intend to promote equity through the filling of vacancies anticipating meeting all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race; gender, and disability status is required.
Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record check, citizenship verification, financial/ asset record check, qualification verification, and previous employment verification). Correspondence will be limited to the shortlisted candidates only.
How to Apply
Suitably qualifying candidates should apply as follows: Post or Hand Deliver a comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) with at least 3 contactable references, copies of qualifications, ID, and Driver’s License to: Human Resource Division, Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency, Private Bag x11214, Nelspruit 1200 OR MAXSA Building 8 Floor, Corner Streak and Ferreira Street, Nelspruit. All candidates must complete a compulsory GRADUATE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME APPLICATION FORM obtainable from the IUCMA website or at the IUCMA Receptions in Nelspruit, Bushbuckridge, and Piet Retief. NO FAXED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Candidates who graduated must submit certified copies of the qualifications. Candidates still to graduate can submit an endorsed academic record that states the completion date of the qualification and the date of graduation.
Enquiries: Ms. DS Malumane or Ms. PZ Tibane on 013 753 9000
All applications received after the closing date will not be considered
If you have not received a response from this institution within three months or any period determined by the institution subject to the recruitment volume after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 03 February 2023 at 16:00