Promoting Innovation in Education Through the Growth of Innovative Teachers
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) invites all qualifying youth, with particular preference given to youth from Gauteng, who wish to study for an undergraduate and/or post-graduate program at an accredited and registered Post School Education and Training institution in South Africa to apply for the bursary.
The bursary covers the full cost of the study, with conditions, as stipulated in the bursary contract.
Applications Are Open For the Following:
- Students who completed matric and reside in Gauteng – Proof of residence required
- Students intending to study an undergraduate program and have been accepted at an accredited PSET institution of learning and/or are currently registered for such.
- Students who want to pursue Post-Graduate studies and have been accepted at an accredited institution of higher learning
The following students automatically qualify, but must also complete the application form online:
- Top Achievers from Gauteng Schools
- Top learner from no-fee paying schools in Gauteng
- Top 3 learners from LSEN schools in Gauteng
To Qualify for a GCRA bursary award you must be:
- A South African Citizen
- Youth residing in Gauteng between the age of 18 and 35
- Certified copy of South African ID (by birth)
- Proof of Gauteng residence (utility bill or letter from ward councilor)
- Matric Certificate and or latest academic results(certified)
- Proof of income from a parent(s) or guardian(s) or affidavit
- Letter of Motivation (not more than 2 pages)
- Proof of registration or acceptance letter from a PSET institution
- Disability or medical report (where applicable)
CLOSING DATE: 31 MARCH 2023