The Republic of Türkiye is inviting applications for the 2023 Türkiye Scholarship Programme for full-time or short-term study programs in Turkey tenable in September 2023.
Türkiye Scholarships provide outstanding international students and researchers with the opportunity to study and receive scholarships at the most prestigious universities in Türkiye.
Türkiye Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
More information on the program can be found at https://www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr/announcements/turkiye-scholarships-2023-applications-39.
Who can apply?
- Citizens of all countries;
- Graduates or those who will graduate before August 2023;
- Applicants must have outstanding academic results:
- For undergraduate candidates: 70%;
- For graduate candidates: 75%;
- Age limits:
- For undergraduate programs: being under the age of 21;
- For master’s programs: being under the age of 30;
- For Ph.D. programs: being under the age of 35;
- For Research Scholarship: being under the age of 45
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements for their programs of choice. Some departments and programs may require additional criteria;
- Individuals who are currently enrolled in programs at Turkish universities may not apply at the same level of education they are currently at.
What the scholarship offers
- University and department placements;
- tuition fees;
- 1-year Turkish language course;
- once-off flight ticket;
- health insurance;
- monthly stipend:
- 1 700 TL (approximately R1 550) at undergraduate level;
- 2 400 TL (approximately R2 190) at Master’s level;
- 3 000 TL (approximately R2 740) at Ph.D. level
Fields of Study
Undergraduate Scholarship Programmes
Engineering, social sciences, health sciences, and basic sciences.
Almost all undergraduate programs are available, except for associate degrees, health departments, and vocational schools.
Before applying, applicants must research using the search engine on the scholarship website.
Graduate Scholarship Programme
Various programs are offered at the masters and Ph.D. levels in the fields of social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and engineering.
Almost all fields of study are offered except the health departments.
The universities and departments that candidates can choose may vary depending on the educational background of the candidates. Candidates can only choose from the universities and departments offered to them in the system.
Visit the Scholarship Search page to find the scholarship program that suits you.
Note: Many programs in Turkish universities are taught in the Turkish language. However, some departments and universities may offer programs in English and other languages. Applicants can check the language of instruction while choosing programs in the application system
Applications for the Türkiye Scholarships are strictly online via Türkiye Scholarships Application System
The following supporting documents should be uploaded to the application system:
- a valid identification document/card or a valid passport;
- a recent photo of the candidate;
- all qualifications certificates and transcripts;
- international exam scores (GRE, GMAT, etc. if required by the chosen program);
- language test scores (if required by the chosen program);
- a research proposal and an example of your written work (for Ph.D. applicants only)
All inquiries should be directed to email@example.com or through the call center: 0850 455 0982.
Documents and links
Please note that this scholarship is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programs and institutions and are responsible for ensuring that the qualifications will be recognized in South Africa. If there are any discrepancies in the details provided regarding the scholarship, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above. No additional financial support will be provided by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
20 February 2023