Northam Booysendal Platinum Mine invites South African students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Metallurgy (1 bursary to be awarded)
- Mining Engineering (4 bursaries to be awarded)
After graduation, bursary recipients will be required to work full-time for the company – the employment duration will be equal to the number of years of funding received.
Bursaries awarded to current Matric students will be subject to the outcome of final Matric exams.
Booysendal Platinum is an equal employment opportunity employer and therefore reserves the right to select candidates in line with the Employment Equity Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 3 weeks of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must have passed Mathematics and Science in Matric
- You must have passed all subjects in 2nd term exams in Matric, if currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying toward a qualification in one of the aforementioned fields
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (students who are already registered may be given preference)
- You must have passed all 1st-year subjects, if currently in your 2nd or later year of study
- You must be hard-working and self-motivated
- Preference will be given to students residing within the local community (Mashishing, Roossenekal, and Steelpoort), however, students from other areas may still apply
How to apply
Students who meet the eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration, if available (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Full and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (with a community stamp)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: HRApplicationsBD@norplats.co.za
(Insert the words “BURSARIES (REF: BDHR05/23)” in the email subject line).
The Bursary Application closing date is 10 March 2023