South African Nursery Association (SANA) invite South African students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards Horticulture and Landscaping qualifications.
The bursary will only provide cover for tuition fees and is awarded for the current academic year of study. Funding is paid directly to the institution.
The bursary does NOT cover any outstanding fees or practical training required for the qualification.
Bursary recipients will also be required to become SANA members (free of charge), which will have the following benefits:
- Regular communication via electronic newsletters – this covers matters relating to the industry, important dates and more
- Digital copy of the annual SANA Magazine
- Invitation as a visitor, to the fast growing SANA TRADE FAIRS, allowing members the chance to view how the nursery industry operates – this takes place twice a year in Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal
- Membership is valid for 1 year – student members are required to reapply each year
Shortlisted candidates may be contacted and invited to attend an interview with a SANA representative in their area, which will take place in April 2023.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a Horticulture or Landscaping qualification
- You must preferably be studying at undergraduate level (PhD, Masters and BTech students will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
- You must have completed all modules of the 1st academic year of study
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for each subject
- You must be a student member of SANA or must apply to be a member of SANA (this is FREE – see application form in the list of supporting documents below)
How to apply
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your may application be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph of yourself (selfie/ portrait photograph/ student card photo)
- Academic record for each year completed
- Certificates of all previous other studies completed
- Tertiary institution’s banking details
- Proof of tertiary registration for 2023 (on institutions letterhead)
- A Completed SANA Student Membership Application Form 2023 .doc (If you’re not a member of SANA)
- Complete SANA Bursary Checklist 2023.doc
- Write a Motivational letter – minimum 150 words, must answer the following questions:
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
(Insert the words “SANA Bursary 2023” in the email subject line).
Fax: 086 580 9793
Bursary Application closing date is 31 March 2023